Here is some basic information about him from Ashlar Lodge, No.3 records:
- Born 12 December 1882 in Liverpool, England
- Occupation: Machinist
- Affiliated with Ashlar Lodge, No.3 on 5 February 1908 from St. John’s Killwinning, No.22, Grand Lodge of Scotland (note: Robert Burns was a member of this lodge)
- Worshipful Master of Ashlar Lodge, No.3 in 1914 and in 1940
- District Deputy Grand Master in 1927
- Represented Grand Lodge of Texas at the Grand Lodge of B.C. & Yukon in 1955
- Died 27 July 1958
We contacted the Grand Lodge of Scotland about William Adam and received the following information:
- Petition for Initiation to St. John’s Killwinning, No.22 in 1905, giving his age as 22 and his occupation as “engine-fitter.”
- Initiated 26 September 1905 in St. John’s Killwinning, No.22
- Passed 24 October 1905 in St. John’s Killwinning, No.22
- Raised 7 November 1905 in St. John’s Killwinning, No.22
William Adam is buried in Bowen Road Cemetery, Nanaimo, B.C.
On 19 December 2015, R.W.B. William Adam’s Past Master’s Jewel was presented to W.B. John Bradburne (Worshipful Master of Ashlar Lodge, No.3 in 2015) on his installation as Immediate Past Master for 2016.
We will add more information about R.W.B. William Adam as we discover it through additional research.
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?