In February 2017, Ashlar Lodge No. 3 was contacted by Nanaimo resident Renato Anacleto, who explained that his father, Joao Batista Anacleto, is a Freemason in Brazil – a member of Loja Maconica 3 Colinas – Franca-SP Brazil, and would be visiting family in Nanaimo in March 2017.
Renato Anacleto wanted to know whether his father could visit Ashlar Lodge No. 3 while he was in Nanaimo. Naturally, we were happy to arrange a visit to Ashlar Lodge No. 3 and Ashlar Masonic Temple for W.B. Joao Batista Anacleto.
After his return to Brazil, Joao Batista Anacleto made a presentation to his lodge, Loja Maconica 3 Colinas, about his visit to Ashlar Lodge No. 3. He has also sent us a photo (shown below) of the interior of his lodge and the members of his lodge.
We sent the fraternal greetings of Ashlar Lodge No. 3 to our Brazilian Brothers of Loja Maconica 3 Colinas.
We are very pleased to announce that the Ashlar Temple Association has been awarded a $20,000 Heritage Grant by the City of Nanaimo for refurbishments to the exterior of Ashlar Masonic Temple, 101 Commercial Street in downtown Nanaimo. Here is a link to an article about this in the Nanaimo News-Bulletin.
Our District Deputy Grand Master, R.W.B. Neil Westmacott, has asked that the following list of upcoming Masonic events in District 5 be circulated to all Brethren. Here is R.W.B. Westmacott’s message:
The following is a summaries of meetings and events occurring within our District over the next months. Would you please circulate this among your Brethren for their information. My thanks in advance.
– April 3 Nanaimo 110 annual Mine Whistle Night, Grand Master in attendance.
– April 4 afternoon. Celebration of life for RWB Floyd Becker.
– Doric Lodge EA Degree.
– April 5 Ashlar Lodge regular meeting
– April 8 Manoah 141 Regular meeting
– April 15 Barclay Lodge Installation. Luncheon to preceded installation.
– April 17 Nanaimo 110 regular meeting
– April 18 Doric 18 regular meeting
– April 20 Euclid 158 regular meeting
– May 3 Ashlar 3 regular meeting
– May 10 Bethel 11 Jobs Daughter official visit of Grand Guardian at St John’s Lodge Hall. Dinner to precede meeting. 5:15pm.
– May 10 Barclay 90 regular meeting
– May 13 Manoah 141 installation preceded by luncheon at noon.
– May 15 Nanaimo 110 regular meeting
– May 16 Doric 18 regular meeting
– May 18 Euclid 158 regular meeting
A pretty extensive list, however it affords us the opportunity to enjoy freemasonry and visiting as we proceed toward Grand Lodge in June.